World fitness federation | World body building federation/p>
DAUGKARTINIS “MR. UNIVERSE” ČEMPIONASALEKSANDRASNEVSKIS.
Šiandie daugkartinis tarptautiniio “Mr. Universe” turnyro čempionas, garsus Holivudo aktorius ir režisierius rašo apie treniruotes koronaviruso metu.
EXCLUSIVE: MR. UNIVERSE AND HOLLYWOOD STAR ALEXANDER NEVSKY SHARES "QUARANTINE WORKOUT" TIPS!
It's coronavirus times: all gyms are closed worldwide and many people don't have barbells and dumbbells at their homes. However it shouldn't stop anyone from regular training. Quarantine could be a good time to workout more often and improve your physic. You can workout with the weight of your own body and still make a good progress!
If you are a beginner and struggling even with pull-ups, please do not get discouraged. Once, many years ago, I have had similar problems. Long before I started weight training I had gotten used to regular simple exercises. The following easy routine improved my body strength:
1) Wide Grip Push-Ups – Spread your hands 6-8 inches wider than your shoulders. Keep your head in line with your spine, looking up may strain your neck, bend your arms as far as comfortable and then press to the finish. Throughout the exercise keep your back straight; do not drop or raise your hips.
2) Reverse Dips – Stand with your back to a table, bench, couch, chair or other object behind you. Grab the edge of the bench with your hands. Your arms should be fully extended. Move your feet forward and plant your heels on the floor. Lower your body by bending your arms.
3) Crunches – Setting on a chair (your feet secured under a bed or any other sturdy object)
I worked out like that three times a day: before breakfast, lunch, and dinner – and did five sets of ten reps in each exercise. To sum up, I performed a hundred fifty push-ups every day. I had stuck to this plan for a while. And in several months my body was strong enough to do pull-ups, parallel bars dips and dumbbell exercises. You can check all my step-by-step training programs in the great book "3 MORE REPS! The Golden Age of Bodybuilding" by George Snyder and Rick Wayne which was republished last year.
And if you're lucky and do have dumbbells in your house - below is the simple "weight training" routine (should be performed 3-4 times a week):
1. Floor Press, instead of bench, with dumbbells (for chest)
2. Military Press with dumbbells (for shoulders)
3. Dumbbell Curl (stand) (for biceps)
4. Dumbbell French Press (for triceps)
5. Dumbbell Rows, bent over (for back muscles)
6. Dumbbell Squats (for thighs)
7. Leg rises (for abs)
8. Crunches (for abs)
In each exercise with dumbbells you should do 4 sets: 15, 12, 10, 8 reps (try to increase weight in every set). In abs exercises - 3 sets: 15-20 reps. Simple warm up exercises should be performed in the beginning of every workout. By the way, I trained kind of like that during the shooting of my film "Showdown in Manila" (kept my dumbbells even in Philippines jungle).
Dont forget about cardio and try to walk every day for about 30 minutes (instead of gym's elliptical). Finally, the most important thing: stay positive and believe in yourself always!
WBBF/WFF Mr. Universe 2010-2012.